GRANADA MEDIA LIMITED

GRANADA MEDIA LIMITED

Previous company name
GRANADA MEDIA PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
Name change date
9/21/2004
Company Overview
Granada Media Limited is a holding company of a group engaged in radio and television activities such as operating broadcast studios and facilities for over-the-air or satellite delivery of radio and television programs. The company was incorporated in September of 1995. Its headquarters is located in London, United Kingdom. The company is formerly known as Granada Media Public Limited Company.
Granada Media is a holding company of Granada – one of Europe’s leading commercial television production and distribution companies, which itself is part of the ITV Productions and ITV Worldwide divisions of top United Kingdom media company ITV PLC, which owns all of the Channel 3 licenses in England and Wales. In turn, the company is also a holding company of ITV Productions, the largest and most successful commercial TV producer in the country, creating more than 3,500 hours of original programming each year.
Through ITV Productions (which also trades as Granada in the United Kingdom), the company produces TV across every genre, from drama, kids and arts, to factual, entertainment and sport, to daytime and lifestyle programming, as well as produces programming for the BBC, Channel 4, five, Sky One and a number of satellite and digital channels.
In the overall management structure of Granada Media Limited, the company stands as a globally and domestically owned subsidiary of ITV PLC, United Kingdom’s largest and most popular commercial broadcaster: a multi-channel, multi-platform, content-driven business firmly focussed on the needs of viewers and advertisers.
Business Summary
Granada Media is a fully integrated, substantial international content producer and broadcaster. It produces TV programs, feature films and movies made for TV. The Group distributes its productions via third party agreements and a number of proprietary distribution routes, including the Internet, pay and digital TV.It makes nearly 6,000 hours of original television programmes feature films and TV movies a year, selling them to more than 120 countries. It has 11 different production operations worldwide, has an interest in seven pay television channels and a Broadband business which encompasses a range of internet and new media ventures.
Granada Media owns broadcasting licences accounting for one third of the advertising revenue generated by ITV, the UK?s most popular television channel. It also owns 50 per cent of ONdigital, the world?s first digital terrestrial television operator.Granada Media PLC was listed on the London Stock Exchange on 11 July 2000 following the successful completion of a 20% floatation. The remaining 80% of Granada Media is held by the parent company Granada Compass PLC.
Description and history
Granada Media is a fully integrated, substantial international content producer and broadcaster. It produces TV programs, feature films and movies made for TV. The Group distributes its productions via third party agreements and a number of proprietary distribution routes, including the Internet, pay and digital TV. It makes nearly 6,000 hours of original television programmes feature films and TV movies a year, selling them to more than 120 countries. It has 11 different production operations worldwide, has an interest in seven pay television channels and a Broadband business which encompasses a range of internet and new media ventures. Granada Media owns broadcasting licences accounting for one third of the advertising revenue generated by ITV, the UK’s most popular television channel. It also owns 50 per cent of ONdigital, the world’s first digital terrestrial television operator. Granada Media PLC was listed on the London Stock Exchange on 11 July 2000 following the successful completion of a 20% floatation. The remaining 80% of Granada Media is held by the parent company Granada Compass PLC.

1Q 2001 The company was demerged with Granada plc.

Formerly known as Granada Media Public Limited Company

Business Line
Holding company of a group engaged in radio and television activities
Subsidiary
ANGLIA TELEVISION ENTERTAINMENT
Advisor
KPMG AUDIT PLC
IPO date

US SIC Code
4833
Company Address
THE LONDON TELEVISION CENTER, UPPER GROUND

City province or state postal code
SE1 9LT, LONDON
Phone: +44 20 7 261 3911
Fax: +44 20 7 401 7054
Country address: UNITED KINGDOM
Website url: www.granadamedia.com