HARRY WINSTON DIAMOND CORPORATION

HARRY WINSTON DIAMOND CORPORATION

Previous company name
ABER DIAMOND CORPORATION
Name change date
11/19/2007
Company Overview
Aber Diamond Corporation is a premier specialist diamond company, focused on the mining and retail segments of the diamond industry. The company is formerly known as Harry Winston Diamond Corporation. It is registered as a publicly quoted company, with shares listed on Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABZ. The company was incorporated in 1980. The main business office of the company is located in Toronto, Canada.
The company supplies rough diamonds to the global market through its ownership of a 40% interest in the Diavik Diamond Mine, located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. It also owns Harry Winston Inc., which is considered the premier diamond jewelry and watch retailer.
Aber Diamond Corporation strives to leverage its supply of rough diamonds and its extensive contacts and relationships throughout the industry, as a currency with which to secure a reliable supply of the largest, rarest and highest-quality polished diamonds for Harry Winston Inc.
Aber Diamond Corporation is a global company with operations in Canada, Belgium, India, the United States, Japan, Taiwan, France, and Switzerland.
Business Summary
The Company is involved in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural resources properties especially focusing on the diamond exploration in Lac de Gras area, Northwest Territories, Canada.
Description and history
The Company is involved in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural resources properties especially focusing on the diamond exploration in Lac de Gras area, Northwest Territories, Canada. The Company’s principal asset is of 40% joint venture interest in the Diavik Diamonds Project in the Northwest Territories of Canada. The remaining 60% interest in the Project is owned by the Project manager, Diavik Diamond Mines Inc. (DDMI), a subsidiary of London-based Rio Tinto plc.
The Company was formed on August 7, 1980, and was listed on Toronto Stock Exchange on March 7, 1988 under the symbol ‘ABZ’.
The Company’s most significant asset is a 40% interest in Diavick Diamonds Project, located in the Northwest Territories.
Effective from November 19, 2007, the Company has changed its name to Harry Winston Diamond Corporation. The Company was also listed on the New York Stock Exchange on November 19, 2007.

Formerly known as Harry Winston Diamond Corporation

Business Line
Focused on the mining and retail segments of the diamond industry
Subsidiary
ABER QUEBEC INC
Advisor
KPMG LLP
IPO date
3/7/1988
US SIC Code
1499
Company Address
Box 4569
Station A
City province or state postal code
M5W 4T9, TORONTO, ON
Phone: +1 416 362 2237
Fax: +1 416 362 2230
Country address: CANADA
Website url: www.harrywinston.com