SAAG CONSOLIDATED (M) BHD
Previous company name
Name change date
SAAG Consolidated (M) Berhad is a publicly traded company investment holding company that, through its subsidiaries, has active interests in the upstream and downstream activities in the oil and gas industry. It was founded in 1982 and has a registered head office in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
SAAG Consolidated (M) Berhad’s operations are carried out through the following business divisions: Oil and gas, Rig Services, Information Technology, Engineering and Construction, and Manpower Consultancy. Its Oil and gas division has active interests in engineering, procurement, and commissioning of turbo machinery, rigs, and other oil and gas, petrochemical and power related equipment and services, as well as supply of engineering equipment and spare parts to the gas and petroleum industry. Its Rig Services division has active interests in the provision of workover rig and consultancy services relating to drilling of petroleum and acting as agency of drilling equipment. The Information Technology division of the company is primarily involved in the supply of information technology solutions to the gas and petroleum industry. Its Engineering and Construction division is primarily involved in the procurement, construction, and commissioning of general engineering projects, and construction works. Moreover, SAAG Consolidated (M) Berhad’s Manpower Consultancy division is active in the provision of engineering consultancy, project management, and specialist manpower services to the oil and gas, power generation, and infrastructure based industries.
SAAG Consolidated (M) Berhad has further operations in Malaysia, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and Brunei.
The Company principally provides investment holding and management services. The Company, through its group of companies and strategic partnerships, is involved in upstream and downstream activities in the oil and gas industry.
Description and history
SAAG CONSOLIDATED (M) BHD ‘SAAG’ is a key player in the oil and gas sector in Malaysia and the region for nearly 25 years, since its inception in 1982. As a company principally involved in providing management services, equipment sales and services and undertaking contracts, SAAG and its group of companies some through strategic partnerships, is involved in upstream and downstream activities in the oil and gas industry.
SAAG Group has also expanded its horizon from traditional trading in specialized equipments/instruments and turbo machinery servicing activities to niche sectors involving onshore gas pipelaying, provision of workover services as owner/operator of the Telaga Usaha workover rig, manpower consultancy, Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) and the refurbishment of pre-owned small sized power generating units.
A reputable player in the manufacture, supply and service of equipment and machinery in the oil and gas industry in Malaysia, SAAG has been growing rapidly and currently represents more than 20 established manufacturers of oil and gas (O&G) equipment and machinery, including Burgess Manning Inc/Jord International, Canadian Advanced Inc, Leistritz Pumpen GmbH, Chemtec Energy Services, Inc., Parker ITR S.r.l. – Business Unit Oil & Gas, Cyclotech Limited, Ultraflote Corporation, Woodfield Systems Limited, Wepuko Hydraulik GmbH, Petroleum Software Limited, Philadelphia Resin Corp., Petro IT Pvt Ltd and FMC Energy Systems. Together with Flowserve, SAAG Oil and Gas Sdn Bhd is involved in the manufacture and assembly of mechanical seals in Malaysia since 1992. As an extension of its capability to maintain, repair and overhaul chiller units, SAAG also holds the exclusive marketing rights to CEMS(TM) which is a Chiller Energy Management System which optimizes the power requirements resulting in energy savings for chiller systems in a building facility.
Strategic alliances in growth areas such as onshore pipelaying with Plynostav Pardubice Holding have provided SAAG with the competitive edge to offer technical expertise, equipment and manpower to undertake large value projects in the industry. SAAG has already expanded operations to Singapore (1989), Brunei (1992), India (2003), Australia, Thailand and Korea (2004).
SAAG’s Core Competencies
* Specialised in oil and gas pipelaying and Horizontal Direct Drilling (HDD) services
* Owner/operator of Telaga Usaha a conventional electric modular workover rig.
* Providing workover and well maintenance services, consultancy, project management, drilling, manpower and technical training services
* Sales of specialised equipments to the oil, gas and petrochemical sector
* After sales services – fully equipped workshop in Kemaman Supply Base and through trained on-site service engineers.
* Provision of control systems in the area of pipeline information management systems and data management systems SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
* Engaged in the construction of infrastructure projects ranging from Civil and Mechanical to Electrical and Instrumentation
* Onshore pipelaying with Plynostav as technical partner www.plynostav-holding.cz
* Provider of engineering services and manpower supply to the resources & energy sector
Registered Licensee (through its subsidiaries) with :
* Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas)
* Gas Malaysia
* Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) – G7
* Pusat Khidmat Kontraktor (PKK) – Class A
* Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)
* Suruhanjaya Tenaga
* Jabatan Perkhidmatan Pembetungan (JPP), Kementerian Tenaga, Air and Komunikasi
* Indah Water Konsortium Sdn.Bhd. (IWK)
An investment holding company that, through its subsidiaries, has active interests in the upstream and downstream activities in the oil and gas industry
US SIC Code
Dataran Prima, Block C1, Unit 19-5
1/41, Jalan PJU
City province or state postal code
47301, PETALING JAYA
Phone: +60 3 7884 8200
Fax: +60 3 7880 7958
Country address: MALAYSIA
Website url: www.saag.com