SONG NETWORKS HOLDING AB
Previous company name
TELE1 EUROPE HOLDING AB
Name change date
Song Networks Holding AB, previously named as Tele1 Europe Holding AB, is a private holding company for a group of companies that provides broadband communications services. The group’s principal activity is to provide broadband services for voice, data and Internet communications. Based on its own infrastructure, Song Networks offers a wide range of data communication and telephony services within Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
The Song Networks Group provides a broad range of communications services, including voice, data, Internet and server and Web hosting to customers. The group’s voice services include local, long distance, international and fixed-to-mobile services, as well as unified messaging, teleconferencing, fax-mail, voice-mail and e-mail. In the area of data and Internet services, Song Networks provides a flexible and secure platform for customers to connect to their local area networks. The group offers Web subscriptions to customers that require smaller Web hosting solutions, and also offers carrier services, which include intelligent routing, reseller services and network services for Internet service providers.
Song Networks, a leading Nordic telecom operator, possesses leading-edge expertise within data communications, and focuses on delivering IP VPN and Internet Access services to business customers. Business customers are connected at competitive prices to the Group’s DSL and fiber network, which offers capacity and coverage in the Nordic region.
The company’s head office is located Stockholm and has 22 offices located in the Nordic region. Song Networks Holding AB changed its name to TDC Song Holding AB and was listed on Stockholmsbцrsen (SONW) from March 2000 until January 2005.
Tele1 Europe’s goal is to be the leading provider of broadband services for voice, data and Internet communication to Nordic business.
Description and history
Based on its own Nordic infrastructure, Song Networks offers a wide range of services within data communication and telephony in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark. The company possess an expertise within data communication, and the main services are IP VPN and Internet Access.
Song Networks Holding AB is listed on Stockholmsborsen (SONW) since March 2000.
– In January 2002, Song Networks won a bid for Enitel ‘s fiber network ring in Europe
– In August, Song announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Song Networks N.V would not make the interest coupon payment scheduled for August 1st on the 175,000,000 12 3/8%Senior Notes due 2008,
– In September, Song announced its delisting from Nasdaq
– In September, the financial restructuring of Song was agreed in principle
– On October 8, Song entered into the restructuring and investment agreement with an ad hoc committee of holders of Song Networks N.V Senior Notes,Vattenfall and Stena
– On October 10 Song Networks N.V was granted a suspension of payments and filed a pre-negotiated restructuring plan in The Netherlands
– On November 11 an Extraordinary General Meeting approved the restructuring
– On November 21 Song’s creditors approved the restructuring
– On December the Dutch court approved the composition agreement for Song Networks N.V
– On December 13 the plan of composition decision became irrevocable
Takeover by TDC A/S
In November 2004, TDC, Denmark?s leading telecommunications company, acquired Song Networks with the ambition to become the leading supplier of IP-based communications solutions to the Nordic business customers.The new name for Song Networks will be change to TDC Song.
The Stockholm Stock Exchange has communicated that January 10, 2005, has been decided upon as the new last day of trading regarding the company?s ordinary shares and December 31, 2004, regarding the company?s convertible debentures.
Holding company for a group of companies that provides broadband communications services
TDC HOSTING AB
ERNST & YOUNG AB
US SIC Code
P.O. Box 712
Gustav III’s boulevard 18
City province or state postal code
169 27, SOLNA
Phone: +46 8 56 31 00 00
Fax: +46 8 56 31 01 01
Country address: SWEDEN
Website url: www.songnetworks.net