TELE2 NETHERLANDS HOLDING N.V.
Previous company name
VERSATEL TELECOM INTERNATIONAL N.V.
Name change date
Versatel Telecom International N.V. is a telecommunications company that focuses on the markets in Belgium and Germany. The company was founded in October of 1995 by Gary Mesch and Marc van der Heijden. Its registered head office is located in Amsterdam-Zuidoost in Netherlands and also has offices in Belgium.
Versatel Telecom International N.V. owns an extensive telecommunication network that provides business and residential customers with voice, data and internet services. It is a publicly traded company on the Euronext Amsterdam under the symbol, VRSA. In July 2005, Tele2 announced its interest in the Benelux activities of Versatel Telecom International N.V. As a result of the settlement, Versatel and Tele2 will combine forces going forward.
In addition, Versatel Telecom International N.V. is a facilities-based competitive communications network operator serving customers through its broadband backbone network, which connects commercial centers in the Benelux and northwest Germany. The company’s arsenal of services includes high-bandwidth voice, data, and Internet access. It also offers residential and carrier services.
Versatel Telecom International N.V.’s global ultimate owner is Tele2 AB, a company that operates as an alternative telecommunications company in Europe. Tele2 AB, based in Sweden, offers various products and services in fixed and mobile telephony, dial-up Internet, broadband, telephone cards, cable TV, and content services. The company, formerly known as NetCom Systems AB was founded in 1990.
The Company offers television, fixed telephony, data, internet and mobile telephony services.
Description and history
The Company is a telecommunications company that primarily focuses on the Dutch market. The Company’ s headquarter is located in Diemen. The Company offers television, fixed telephony, data, internet and mobile telephony services. The Company comes forth from the combined activities of Versatel and Tele2 in the Netherlands.
The Company offers the Dutch consumer and business market a full product portfolio of media and communication products. The Company also adresses the international wholesale market via its carrier services department.
The Company (formerly known as Versatel Telecom International N.V.) was founded in October 1995. On 26 November 2007, the Company changed its name into Tele2 Netherlands Holding N.V. On 21 May 2008 the Company’s ordinary shares were de-listed from Euronext.
1995 – Founded by Gary Mesch and Marc van der Heijden in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– First investment by Nesbic, Telecom Founders B.V. and Cromwilld
1998 – Versatel issues high yield bonds to finance Versatel?s plan to build high bandwidth fiber optic network
– Paribas Deelnemingen and NPM Capital invest in Versatel
– Construction begins on the Benelux high bandwidth fiber optic network
– Second issuing of high yield bonds.
– Expansion into Belgium with incorporation of Versatel Belgium
1999 – Versatel lights first section of broadband network and turns on first local access customers
– Versatel acquires Svianed, the second largest data network and service provider in Holland
– Versatel acquires VuurWerk Internet, largest webhosting company in The Netherlands
– Simultaneous IPO on the AEX and Nasdaq stock exchanges
– Versatel launches free consumer ISP, Zon, in the Netherlands
– Expansion into Germany through the purchase of VEW Telnet.
– Versatel raises additional capital through the equity and convertible bond markets.
2000 – VEW Telnet renamed Versatel Deutschland and acquisition of KomTel expands German operations
– Versatel raises additional capital through the equity, high yield and convertible bond markets
– Receipt of ‘ECTA Quality of Service’ award and ‘Best IPO of the Year 1999’ award
– Move into new headquarters in Amsterdam and fifth-year anniversary
2001 – Versatel overlay network (backbone) ready
– Zon surpasses 1 million subscriber milestone
– Versatel signs first long-term IP VPN contact
2002 – Versatel posts Ebitda profit
– Versatel obtains ISO 9001:2000 quality certificate
– Versatel debt-free company upon completion of its financial restructuring
– Versatel delisted from the Nasdaq Stock Market on 27 June 2002
2003 – Acquisition of Tesion and Completel expands German operations
– Versatel cancelled its American Depositary Share (ADS) program and American Depositary Share Warrant (ADS Warrants) program effective 10 February 2003 as a result of the Nasdaq delisting.
On October 14, 2005, the sale of Versatel Deutschland Holding GmbH to Ganymed was completed.
On March 1, 2006, Tele2 and Versatel jointly announced that a merger proposal prepared by Tele2, Versatel and Tele2 Netherlands Holdings B.V. (‘Tele2 Holdings’) was filed with the Dutch commercial register.
On April 21, 2006 Versatel announced that Versatel will prepare a new proposal for a triangular merger among Versatel, Tele2 Finance B.V. and Tele2 Netherlands Holding B.V. without tracking stock.
The Company’s ordinary shares were de-listed from Euronext.
Founded by Gary Mesch and Marc van der Heijden
Description in Dutch
Versatel Telecom is een onafhankelijk telecombedrijf dat in 1995 is opgericht. De afgelopen jaren heeft Versatel zich met name in de Benelux krachtig gepositioneerd in de dynamische wereld van telecommunicatie. Versatel bouwt al enige tijd aan een eigen, ultramodern glasvezelnetwerk. Een digitale snelweg langs de belangrijkste bedrijvenparken in de Benelux met een vrijwel oneindige capaciteit op het gebied van spraak-, data-, beeld- en Internetverkeer. Een nieuwe lijn naar de toekomst.
A telecommunications company that focuses on the Dutch, Belgian and German markets
DELOITTE ACCOUNTANTS B.V.
US SIC Code
City province or state postal code
1101 CL, AMSTERDAM-ZUIDOOST
Phone: +31 20 750 1000
Fax: +31 20 750 1001
Country address: NETHERLANDS
Website url: www.tele2corporate.nl