Previous company name
Name change date
KCP Ltd., with headquarters in Chennai, India, is a publicly quoted company engaged in the production of blended and Portland cement. The company is also involved in the manufacture of heavy mechanical equipment. The company was established in 1941 by Sri. V. Ramakrishna. It started with a single co-operative factory at Vuyyuru, Andhra Pradesh, India.
KCP operates in three business segments: heavy engineering, cement and hydel power. The heavy engineering division, established in 1955, is active in casting, fabricating and machining heavy equipment. This division manufactures heavy mechanical equipment for a wide range of industries, including sugar, cement, and infrastructure. The cement division operates manufacturing plants at Macherla, Andhra Pradesh, South India. In 1962, KCP installed a wet process kiln in collaboration with Fives Lillie Cail, France. KCP’s hydel power division is involved in establishing mini-hydel projects on the Guntur Canal.
The Company is mainly engaged in the manufactures a range of mechanical equipment for cement plants. It also manufactures and supplies the mechanical equipment for sugar plants. Its cement division has a cement manufacturing plant at Macherla, Andhra Pradesh, South India.
Description and history
The Company is mainly engaged in the manufactures a range of mechanical equipment for cement plants. It also manufactures and supplies the mechanical equipment for sugar plants. Its cement division has a cement manufacturing plant at Macherla, Andhra Pradesh, South India. The company was incorporated in 1941, It is listed at Bombay Stock Exchange.It started with a single co-operative sugar factory in the state of Andhra Pradesh in South India with a simple philosophy… Modernise.. Indigenous ..Never compromise on Technology .These were the words of our founder Shri V. Ramakrishna who had stepped down at the age of 51 in those pre-independence turbulent days (before 1947) to take up this challenge. Since then The KCP Group has diversified into Cement and Heavy Engineering. The KCP Cement Division went operational in 1958 and was India’s first dry process kiln.The KCP Heavy Engineering Division was established in 1955 as a sprawling High Technology Complex in the suburb of Chennai. This complex is one of the largest and highly integrated centers with Casting, Fabrication and Machining facilities required in the manufacture of large infrastructure machinery for core Industries like Sugar, Cement, Steel and Power.
Established by Sri. V. Ramakrishna
Engaged in the production of blended and Portland cement; Involved in the manufacture of heavy mechanical equipment
FIVES CAIL K C P LTD.
BRAHMAYYA & CO.
US SIC Code
2, Dr. P.V Cherian Crescent
City province or state postal code
Phone: +91 44 66772600
Fax: +91 44 66772620
Country address: INDIA
Website url: www.kcp.co.in