TAIWAN PULP & PAPER CORPORATION
Previous company name
Name change date
Taiwan Pulp & Paper Corporation is a publicly quoted company which is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of paper pulps and paper products. The company was established in 1946 and was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in 1962. The registered business address of the company is located in Taipei, Taiwan.
The company produces paper pulps, glazed printing papers, photocopy papers, one side coated papers, double side coated papers, wood free papers and copper coated papers. The company exports its products in Asia, Oceania, Africa and in the United States. The company is also engaged in the development and construction of residential buildings and commercial buildings for rent and for sale.
The principal activities of the Group are the manufacture and distribution of paper, pulp, pattern paper, single paper and art paper. Other activities include construction of residential and commercial buildings.
Description and history
The principal activities of the Company are the manufacture and distribution of paper, pulp, pattern paper, single paper and art paper. Other activities include construction of residential and commercial buildings.
The Company was established in 1946. The Company listed in Taiwan on TSEC in 1962.
Incorporated in 1946-October 1954
Incorporated after taking over five enterprises and one forest farm, subordinate to the Ministry of Economic Affairs then, and a joint venture run by state and province
Transform into private enterprise
November 1954-November 1958
In order to enforce the “land to tiller” policy, the Government acquired cultivated land from landowners to lease the land to tenant-farmers. Therefore, this Company, together with Taiwan Cement Corporation, Taiwan Industrial and Mining Corporation, Taiwan Tea Corporation, was privatized, so as to enable tenant-farmers to obtain the land and also enable landowners to transfer funds to industrial investment.
Separate sale and operation
December 1958-August 1964
Shihlin and Hsiaokang Paper Plants were operated under shares collected by the shareholders in part. Loutung Paper Plant and Lin Tien Shan Forest Farm were succeeded under government shares. The other two paper plants were retained by this Company.
September 1964-December 1985
Hsinying Paper Plant and Tadu Paper Plant were shut down in whole in April 1983 due to excessive loss suffered in the past years and instability resulting from its operation affected by the demand and supply in local and foreign markets. In September of the same year, Hsinying Paper Plant returned to work again.
Tadu Paper Plant changed the urban plan in 1984, and suspended production in November 1985. Meanwhile, the government shares were offered in whole.
Tadu Paper Plant’s land was altered from residential zone to commercial zone subject to approval of the provincial government in March 1988.
Because the international pulp price dropped drastically and caused excessive loss in October 1993, Hsinying Paper Plant suspended its pulp production line and resumed the production in June 1994.
The Tadu land re-planning project was completed in March 1994. 1st-phased presale houses were released in May.
Diversified operation was conducted and offshore investment was started in 1994.
In March 1997, the establishment of Gia Phu packaging paper Plant in Vietnam was completed and the Plant started production.
In January 2001, the establishment of Minh Phu Packaging Paper Plant in Vietnam was completed and the Plant started production.
In January 2007, Cheng Yang Paper Plant started business and mass production.
Listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in 1962
Manufacture and distribution of paper pulps and paper products
CHENGSHENG BROADCASTING CORP.
DELOITTE & TOUCHE
US SIC Code
96, Chien-Kuo North Rd, Sec.1
City province or state postal code
Phone: +886 2 2515 3969
Fax: +886 2 2515 3956
Country address: TAIWAN
Website url: www.tppc.com.tw